Bootlace Pin 2.5MM² Grey
Bootlace pins are used to terminate conductors, by containing the strands in a thin walled copper sleeve that is crimped on to the conductor. The sleeve ensures that no conductor strands stray, and also stops screws in the terminal from breaking strands.
There are three basic types of Bootlace Pin:
- Insulated single conductor style
- Twin conductor style
- Uninsulated cord end sleeves
The sleeves should be slipped over the stripped conductor, and crimped. The crimp is only to hold the sleeve on conductor until screw of terminal housing makes the connection.
- Used to terminate conductors by containing the strands in a thin walled Copper sleeve that is crimped onto the conductor
- Sleeve ensures no stray conductor strands or breaks from screw
- Crimp holds on sleeve until housing screw makes connection